"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Sunday, April 5, 2009

New York, New York!!!

I just got back from the BIG APPLE with my mom and little sister!!! First of all...We had a CELEBRITY SIGHTING on Broadway...Nick Lachey! What are the chances???


I am so thankful for a SAFE AND WONDERFUL trip to NEW YORK!!! We had so much fun! Me and Mom went as chaperone's for my sister Ali's 8th grade gifted class and we had a blast! I really missed my hubby but I can't wait to go back and do it all over with him sometime soon!!! China town was CRAZY...a little chinese girl pulled us into a dark corner and asked us if we wanted "Louis, Chanel, Prada???" She pulled out a laminated piece of paper with pictures of hundreds of designer purses and said "how many you want?" We pointed to what we wanted and a few minutes later a boy rode by the sidewalk, threw a big black backpack to the girl, and ran off. She opened the purse and "TADA!" a bag full of beautiful Chanel purses and wallets! Fun but kind of scary too! lol!

We saw the Broadway play, WICKED, and it was incredible! I heard those girls sing notes I didn't even know existed! FABULOUS!

We enjoyed some NY pizza, observed some very interesting characters, and even ran from a pit bull chained up by a psychic's building while walking through the "ghetto!" We got the FULL experience!

I had a GREAT time but I tell you what...THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!!









Yea for New York!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time in NYC, thanks for the pic of Nick Lachey too. Keep smiling!

Kathryn said...

Wow, I can't believe you were able to meet Nick! What are the odds!?! Stan said it's like you to go up and get a picture with him. :) I probably would have been nervous and walked away. Hehe! Thanks for sharing the pictures. It looks like you all had a wonderful time!!