"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Saturday, June 16, 2012

{A Better Way: Brandy overcomes Addiction}

 I want to thank my friend Brandy for volunteering to be featured on my blog. I'm sure that her story will inspire you all! I hope her willingness to share her personal story will make a difference in your life and lead you towards better ways to lead a more awesome life!

Here's Brandy's story in her own words:

"When I think about the many things God has done for me, I get overwhelmed. I use to be a drug addict, a smoker, a compulsive liar, and a victim of emotional, mental and physical abuse. I am not ashamed of where I've been or the hell God has brought me out of because what I use to do does not dictate who I am today; who I am in Christ does. My drug addiction is what ultimately broke me and brought me to my knees. I was beaten by the endless insanity of my drug abuse. Feeling baffled and ashamed, weighed down by countless past failures, and then nothing short of divine intervention, He saw me lyinng there defeated, confused, and alone and reached down from Heaven and rescued me.

About a year after surrendering myself completely over to God, I came across an enormous mountain on my path. A stroke took most of my mobility from me. I guess I was angry with God for awhile and it took me 9 months to realize that things don't go wrong and break your heart so you can become bitter and give up. They happen to break you down and build you up so you can be all that you were intended to be. And also Romans 8:28 says that "For we know that all things work together for good, to those that love God and are called according to His purpose."

I am truly grateful now because God strengthens me everyday and I understand what Paul meant now when he said  he has learned to be content regardless of his circumstances (Philippians 4:11).   I have a long journey ahead of me. By no means am I perfect or where I need to be. But by the grace of GOD, I'm not where I use to be. I know the road to victory is not always going to be easy, and I don't pray for it to be, but I do pray for the strength, courage, and guidance that can only be obtained through Christ, to make it safely to my destination.

My goal today is progress; to be a better me than I was yesterday. With this attitude, I can finally look at that broken and battered girl in the mirror and tell her "I not only love you, I like you." I can say now that I love you all as well. But most of all.........I love the Lord!"

Show Brandy some love by supporting her with a comment and some encouragement!

Together we can all live better more awesome lives!!!

Love,
Laura 

4 comments:

Keri said...

Wonderful story Brandy and awesome testimony! It's so great of you to be willing to share so that others may reap benefit! :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Keri and Thanks Laura for sharing my story! I feel blessed to be able to share my testimony with others and if my experiences, strengths and hopes can help just one person then thats an awesome beginning to help mend such a shattered world! To God be the glory!

Unknown said...

Thanks Keri and Thanks Laura for sharing my story! I feel blessed to be able to share my testimony with others and if my experiences, strengths and hopes can help just one person then thats an awesome beginning to help mend such a shattered world! To God be the glory!

Laura said...

Brandy, I totally agree!