"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

{Not So Ready To Go}

Another day of bible school done!:) Hopefully another seed planted in the heart of a 4-year-old!

And I just couldn't WAIT to leave work, head straight to Church, and chase around a bunch of kiddos for a couple of hours.

That was a total fib-------------soooo far from the truth!

 As much as I cringe at the thought... I have to tell you the truth behind that lie. Don't get me wrong, I love serving God and working with children,  but if I don't share my honest, down-deep feelings that led up to that statement I'd be lying to myself...and to you.

So....Here is the truth. **GULP**

I really didn't want to go to Bible School tonight.

I thought of every reason in the world NOT to go.

But I went.

I went because I had a purpose for going. I went because my purpose outweighed my incredibly selfish desire to go home, get in bed, and watch my dvr'd episode of Teen Mom. I went because the Holy Spirit empowered me to suck it up and enabled me to do way more than what I really wanted to do. I was spent...but the Holy Spirit was ready to go. So the Lord made sure I was exactly where I needed to be tonight. And He taught me exactly what I needed to know.

If I was the one teaching the class tonight, you could've fooled me. Tonight, I was the student, who learned that there's nothing I can do (especially the things I don't feel like doing) apart from the power of God in me. I'm so glad God can do immeasurably more through me than I could ever do with myself. Thank you God for using a room full of sweet 4-year-olds to show me once again how amazing you really are.

Much Love,
Laura


No comments: