"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

{Seeing Red}

Dinner was planned around this little guy tonight :)

I try to purposely plan a meal with red and purple veggies as much as possible because I know I rarely get enough of their awesome nutritional benefits!

"Red peppers are sweeter, juicier, riper variation of green peppers that does a little more than spicing up your cuisines. It is the best known variety of sweet peppers and comes loaded with innumerable health benefits. This bright colored pepper does not just add up as an interesting variety to your curries and salads, but comes packed with several essential nutrients like vitamin C, thiamine, vitamin B6, betacarotene and folic acid. Like all brilliantly colored vegetables, red peppers too are a rich source of phytochemicals that have exceptional antioxidant activity. Researches have shown that red bell peppers contain significantly higher levels of nutrients than their green counterparts."

I sliced mine up with a green pepper, cherry tomatoes, and threw in some spinach during the last few minutes of cooking.
  Poured over 1/2 a cup of whole grain brown rice and drizzled with a tad of greek dressing

YUM! YUM! YUM!

P.S. I found some great organic, whole grain cereal at Big Lots for $1.15 a box:)
 Worth a trip if you have a store near you! Saw this exact box at Whole Foods Sunday for close to $4 a box.

Now....it's actually scary how much I am looking forward to drinking my Diet Coke:)
 I didn't have ANY yesterday so I'm looking forward to enjoying these 16 satisfying ounces! 8 tonight and 8 tomorrow:)

 Nighty Nite!!!

Love,
Laura

1 comment:

Anna said...

That's a great buy on that cereal! :)