"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Thursday, June 21, 2012

{The enemy is what you choose, not your options}

When you're watching the scales and the wallet, Mickey D's (or fast food in general) really isn't the evil place everyone makes it out to be. Life is all about choices--and since eating healthy revolves totally around personal choices--a fast food breakfast (or any meal) can present the perfect opportunity to exercise your right to choose something cheap that won't empty your piggy bank:)

{btw: I am TOTALLY appalled that the government wants to limit our soda consumption. Before long they will be passing a law allowing each of us two bananas and 1 teaspoon of sugar per day (for one cup of coffee) plus one box of raisins for a snack to be eaten at 3pm. I mean SERIOUSLY! Stay out of our lives and let us make our own decisions! And those of us who care about our health will continue to enjoy our soda in moderation....or in excess for that matter if we so choose!}

Ugh!

Anyway:)

This morning I chose the breakfast burrito off the dollar menu + a large unsweeted iced tea
(0 calories!)

 Total cost of Breakfast #1- $2.15


Sausage Burrito


(Daily Value)
Calories300
Total Fat16g25%
Carbohydrates 26g9%
Protein12g
Sodium830mg35%
Note: Values shown are for "Sausage Burrito"
Source: Mickey D's nutritional website.

In comparison with one of the McGriddle breakfast sandwiches + a small coke....



(Daily Value)
Calories560
Total Fat32g49%
Carbohydrates 48g16%
Protein20g
Sodium1360mg56%
Note: Values shown are for "Sausage, Egg & Cheese McGriddles®"
+

Coca-Cola®


(Daily Value)
Calories150
Total Fat0g0%
Carbohydrates 40g13%
Protein0g
Sodium10mg0%
Note: Values shown are for "Coca-Cola® Classic (Small)"
Total cost of Breakfast #1: Over $3.50

See my point?
You can choose a 300 calorie-$2.15 breakfast OR you can choose a 710 calorie-$3.50-ish breakfast.

My 300 calorie choice was just delicious!

Later, for lunch I had a pasta dish I made a few nights ago. Just whole wheat shells, green peppers, red peppers, onions, and cabbage all layers together. YUM!

Other highlights of my day are my new $1 glue on nails:)
A trip to Goodwill!
 One of those juicy pears I mentioned yesterday...
...and the excitement of knowing I have one more work day until VACATION!!!

Much Love,
Laura

No comments: