"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, September 23, 2013

{And then there were 3...}

Sept. 1st at 8:28 pm our sweet Chloe Lea made her arrival into the world 24 days early. It was the most AMAZING day of our lives and here's how it all happened....

Saturday, August 31st: My last baby shower started at 10:30 am. I was SO HOT that I thought I might ignite into a ball of flames. Looking back now, I think I was in early stages of labor. After the shower (which was awesome!) I went home to rest and get ready to watch Clemson play (and beat!) GA that night. After a nice nap, I said goodbye to Travis, who was going to the game with a buddy. I remember feeling kinda anxious and the last thing I said to him was "keep your phone on!"

Later, waiting on Travis to get home, I got REALLY restless. I swept and mopped the entire house. I happily watched the end of the ballgame...GO TIGERS!...and sighed with relief when Travis got home. However, a few minutes later, another buddy called him and was stranded in Clemson. So, around 2 am, he went out to pick him up and I went to sleep.

Around 10 am on Sept. 1st I sat up in bed after a pretty good night's sleep and immediately my water broke. It was such a weird feeling. Sorry for the TMI...but just a big "GUSH" followed by lots of running around the house with a tired but excited husband trying to figure out what to do next.

Thankfully, the bags were ready to go!
After we debated on whether or not I was peeing on myself or my water had actually broken (more on that later!), we came to the conclusion that my bladder couldn't possibly have that capacity :) So...in Rada fashion we got a Bojangles combo and woofed it down on the way to the hospital to see if it was "Go Time"....and not just "Bo Time"...haha! Poor Trav was half hoarse from the football game and already in a sleep deficit but we were just glad Chloe waited until Daddy was home to decide to come! We joked that she just wanted to be here with us to celebrate the big Tiger win!

We got checked into labor and delivery and waited on the Dr. to confirm if this was IT! I told Travis I thought we'd probably be sent back home but he said he thought we would have a baby by the end of the day. Dr. Hearn confirmed shortly thereafter that little Chloe would be making her entrance into the world within 8 hours. Hubs is usually right, but instead of any "I told you so's" there were only kisses and tons of phone calls to let everyone know Chloe was on her way!

Although she was coming early, Dr. Hearn eased our fears by letting us know that Chloe would more than likely be JUST FINE...and she was. But I had to get her out first....:)

Boy was that an adventure...and worth every moment of pain...and I'd already do it again in a heartbeat. I was actually pretty lucky...I was 5 centimeters when I was first checked into the hospital around 11 am. At that time I hadn't felt a single contraction. By 5:30-6:00 pm and after an epidural, for anticipated pain to come, I was 10 centimeters and ready to push. I didn't have a single pain (other than super mild contraction pains here and there as it got closer to pushing time). I was so excited and ready to meet our sweet little girl! Travis was so awesome through it all and I couldn't hope to have anyone better by my side.

Dr. Hearn came in around 6 pm (because he was waiting on the patient next door to us to finish delivering her baby--they'd had 5 ladies check in within 30 minutes of each other with their water broken---a real "LABOR DAY" weekend!). Since I wasn't having any extreme pain, pushing wasn't so bad at first. But after the 1st hour and learning that Chloe was face up, which made for a difficult delivery, I was more than ready to just get her here! I had my Mom on one side and Travis on the other and my Dad in the back corner for extra support and love. It was the most special moment of my life. Another hour and a half later, Dr. Hearn was able to turn her (OUCH!!!) and we avoided a C-section. I remember thanking the Lord immediately for this most PRECIOUS and PERFECT gift! And kissing Travis with such appreciation for him as a husband and dad. And loving my Mom and Dad even more than ever and understanding for the first time the depths of loving another person unconditionally. It was INSTANT.

And nothing will ever be the same and we are so GRATEFUL! Chloe had a little jaundice but other than that she was ready for the world :) She weighed 6 lbs. 13 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long with a head full of dark hair and she stole our hearts.

Life has never meant so much or been so wonderfully full of love and purpose. Chloe Lea, you are our everything! Today, one day before your expected due date, we are holding and cuddling our sweet 3 week old beauty, and we'll treasure every single day we are blessed to share with you!

Let the ADVENTURE begin!

 "For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy."
*Psalm 92:4*

Mommy and Daddy :)


fitinnati said...

CONGRATULATIONS, you two! I'm such a sap, I had a lil tear by the end of reading your beautiful story! :)

Jennifer said...

*tear* Sweeet! I'm so so sooo happy for you! It only gets better! xoxo

Susan Mc said...

Sniff sniff this is wonderful! To God be the glory great things he has done!!!