"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, February 2, 2009

Grace at the Ole' Grindstone!

Today was my first day back at work after two WONDERFUL, RELAXING Weeks off! As a social worker at DSS I was at the point of almost despair about going to work, thinking about work, DOING WORK (lol!), ect. You get my drift...

Everyday I went to work I started sending those familiar text messages to Travis...."I have just GOT to get a new job!" "I just can't take this anymore!", and so on and so on....until I was just about at the point of tears....

But in all HIS POWER, God opened a new door for new and brought me to this day when I went back to work with a fresh mind, spirit, and perspective on what it is that He has called me to do. Sunday night at church, God used Pastor Tony to help convict me of this terrible work attitude! Part of the sermon was about how no matter where you are, at what time, or for what reason, God has DIVINELY planned that very moment. It's an opportunity, not a burden. It's a gift, not another long night at work. I am not working for the state of South Carolina, I am not working for my boss, I am not even working for a paycheck when it comes right down to it...I am working for JESUS and for the over 400 foster children in our state that HAVE NO FAMILY, HAVE NO SECURITY, AND SOMETIMES HAVE EVEN REACHED THE POINT OF NO HOPE...

I pray that God will continue to guide me as I attempt to walk in His will, knowing that doing so is only by HIS GRACE AND HIS STRENGTH, to try my very best to be his hands and his feet...

So... that's when He "snapped" me out of my selfish mindset and renewed my focus and purpose on why I even do this job at all. There are SO MANY children who have suffered so much more than I've ever dreamed of, and NEVER AT THEIR OWN HANDS, but at the hands of those who were given the job of protecting, loving, and nurturing. Their little lights of faith in love, family, and belonging were snuffed out before they even had a chance to burn. That leads me to this question...where can you take over? Where can you step in and do the job that their parents were supposed to do...but didn't...Can you be the light that leads them out of the darkness of pain and abandonment and into HIS LIGHT?

Can you help? Can you be that loving, nurturing, protective person to rescue a child and give hope back to a little, hurting heart? Can you heal the wounds of self doubt and cover them with the bandaid of a kind word, a warm bed, and a compassionate heart? More than EVER children in our state need the open arms of a caring foster parent to be the smiling face they DESPERATELY need to see! After all, in my line of work, a smile really is worth a thousand words! That's all it takes...a willing heart, a compassionate spirit, and the LOVE OF CHRIST TO RESCUE A WORLD IN NEED!

There are so many ways you can help...please join me in looking for opportunities to step up to the plate and pick up the bat for the ones who can't pick it up themselves! It's up to us....we're all they've got...and HE is all we've got...LET US SHARE WHAT WE HAVE WITH THE WORLD!

Yea for CHILDREN, Yea for JESUS, YEA FOR HOPE!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an admirable job! You are really making a difference. Wow you are beautiful.

Your Secret Admirer

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, I hope that you have the best ever.

Your secret admirer

The Jordan's said...

I love the new blog you have created for the Sunday school class. This will allow us to keep in touch with everyone! Thanks for your hard work on it- it looks great!