"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, February 15, 2010

Goodwill...How do I love thee? Let me count the ways!!!

JACKPOT!

You'll never-in a million years-guess what I got for $2.50 today at my local Goodwill!
So I'm gonna go ahead and tell you!

A SEWING MACHINE! And not just ANY sewing machine but one that WORKS and is portable so I can take it with me to my Granny's house for lessons! Yea! Yea! Yea!

And...

I got a cute pink sewing box, a TOO COOL kids cookbook, stuff to make my homemade Valentine's wreath (pics will come tomorrow!)and several other great deals! SO EXCITING!

We had a very nice weekend too! Our Sunday School class hosted a Valentine's banquet and it was a blast. I think everyone really enjoyed the fellowship. Sunday after church Trav took me to Cracker Barrel for a Valentine's Day lunch and smashed me in checkers...but I usually win so he deserves his time to shine I suppose! lol!

I SO enjoyed my day off today and made the most of it by sleeping in and then thrifting, crafting, and cooking...two of my most favorite things!

Tonight's dinner was homemade Turkey burgers (seasoned with diced onion, garlic powder and chili powder) and homemade seasoned baked french fries! YUMMY...and Healthy, too! Yea! I made five burgers and two helpings of homemade fries for about $4.00 (I already had the buns and kethcup,ect.) and there's enough for Trav to take to lunch tomorrow so that's about $1.33 per meal!

I guess I'm about to take my apron off and call it a night. I have some good TV to watch tonight...Winter Olympics, Intervention, and Hoarders! I love Mondays!

Hope you have a great night! Can't wait to share pics of the V-Day Banquet, my sewing machine, my new wreath, and pics of my homemade cinnamon raisin bread!!! (Yep...it turned out great!)

Yea for TODAY!!!

No comments: