"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, July 2, 2012

{Saved by the Ocean}

Or should I say "beside" the ocean because that's exactly what happened. And it was beautiful!

Let me set the scene for you:)

My family camps during the summer at Lakewood Resort in Myrtle Beach, SC. It's a lovely place---full of children riding bikes, families walking their dogs, people eating ice cream cones, and couples frolicking in the waves. But the most special thing about Lakewood is their devotion to provide a Christ-focused campground and a Christ-filled vacation experience for families. It's really obvious in all the activites that they provide throughout the week...from kids daycamp to sunday morning church service.

The service on Sunday morning is held in the ampitheater. It's a big open area right off the beach, where you can see the sea oats waving in the breeze infront of rolling, white waves. Rows of wooden benches provide seating for all the campers and the tide makes a beautiful sound behind the song of worshippers. It really is an awesome experience.

The Sunday I was there, I witnessed two women, around the age of 50, accept Christ as their Savior. One of the women, there with her extended family, had been standing in line with me at the coffee shop just a day earlier. Little did I know then that she needed the love and salvation of Jesus in her heart. Someone RIGHT in front of me, someone who needed to know. And I watched her order her coffee, like she had every day before, a day before her life was changed forever.

My thoughts turn to the opportunity that I missed. I was standing there with someone who did not know Christ and missed the opportunity to share Him. I am often quick to assume that others have a saving relationship with Christ, especially older people, who I also assume have heard the Gospel many times in their lives. Whether or not she had heard it before, I'll never know, but I'm thankful that when she heard it on the ocean's edge at the Lakewood service, she accepted it and was washed by the living water.

I pray that God will open my eyes to the people he places in my path. Whether it be while waiting for a latte, serving clients at work, or even those in my own family; I pray that I will be eagar to share the amazing story of Christ with those around me. And I pray that the Lord continues to bless the staff of Lakewood Ministries as they turn beach vacations into an intimate encounter with God that changes lives forever.

Be Blessed!

Love,
Laura

1 comment:

Anna said...

Beautiful post!

I'm now very interested in this place...looking it up! :)