"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, February 7, 2011

{Ice, Ice, Baby...}

What a wonderful day that the Lord has made for us today!
"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:22-23)
Boy, we sure are blessed!!! And while we're talking about blessings, I would like to say that I have some of the SWEETEST friends in the whole world! My friend, Bubba, sent me a sweet Valentine's Day card with a starbucks giftcard...wasn't that thoughtful?! Thank you Bubba!So...last Thursday night, the craft bug hit me again! I decided to make a fan pull for the kitchen.
I found an old Christmas ball and grabbed the valentine cupcake liners I bought at Michaels for $1. I rummaged around and finally found my Elmer's glue and commenced the creating~
It's a very cheap and very easy project...just fold your mini liner like this and glue around the ball in circles starting from the top~
...then tie a ribbon on top and hang on your fan!
...or place in a glass candy dish for another cute look!
I think it looks like a big round rosebud bouquet!
Friday Travis and I took off for a fun day together in Greenville. Since my birthday is falling on a weekday, Travis wanted to make sure we had some time to have a special day to spend together....VERY SWEET!
We got up and ate some breakfast at Mama Penns and our first stop, at my request, was the Goodwill Clearance Center. I hadn't been in awhile and I was very excited! I took a pic of this highchair because I couldn't decide if it was just OLD or was it an antique, or just weird looking, or maybe a special highchair for certain babies..anyone know?
Luckily for Trav, the clearance center is attached to a Subway so he ate some lunch while I continued to browse....
(I caught him mid-bite!)
When I finished shopping, I had a BIG bag full of great stuff for about $15! Yay! I forgot to take pics of this stuff but some of the highlights are a strand of snowflake lights, two strands of black, orange, and purple Halloween lights, a big light up snowman, a HUGE alphabet floor puzzle, several picture frames, several purses, and some other random stuff:)
Next, we were off to the Pavillion for....
...ICE SKATING!
...Trav came up with the idea and we had a TON of fun!
We got laced up...
(and I got brave:) and we hit the ice~
We both literally "HIT THE ICE" once or twice too, luckily though, no broken bones:)---just a couple of bad blisters.

After ice skating, we happened to pass this Rite Aid Clearance Center and decided to check it out...
I was interested because I didn't know this place existed--but I'm so glad we found it!
I got ALL THIS....
for $20! (after using $38 worth of manufacturer coupons!)
WOO! WOO! That's basically $1 per item:) That makes me smile!
Two of my favorite items were these giant poster markers and a hello kitty mirror:) Everything is already 50% off so when you combine it with coupons, you get BIG savings!

When we got home, I began sorting thru my Goodwill bag and decorated the fridge with my new magnetic letters-
--put out a candy dish....
...and enjoyed the rest of the evening with my totally awesome husband!
Have a WONDERFUL WEEK!
Love,
Laura

No comments: