"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

{Indulgences}

Starting with new nail stickers!!!I'm addicted to these things! I found the Kiss brand that I like at Wal-mart for several dollars cheaper than I've found them anywhere else....BLESS those (rare) times that I actually like Wal-mart:)I had plenty to do my toes, too!

Keeping in the theme of treating myself---- (we deserve it sometimes:)....
...I used a gift card to get this new eye shadow---it's a GORGEOUS GOLD shade:)
...this chubby stick in STRAWBERRY....
....and this eye shadow/blush duo, along with a couple other products, for free in the bonus gift. I love FREE! I normally wouldn't buy expensive cosmetics but since I had a gift card I thought...why not?:)

I had just enough left on my gift card to get these beautiful new earrings!
After shopping, I went to Bible study and had a great time with my friends:) Tonight's lesson was from Mark 7: 31-37.....

31 Then Jesus left the vicinity of Tyre and went through Sidon, down to the Sea of Galilee and into the region of the Decapolis.32 There some people brought to him a man who was deaf and could hardly talk, and they begged Jesus to place his hand on him.33 After he took him aside, away from the crowd, Jesus put his fingers into the man’s ears. Then he spit and touched the man’s tongue. 34 He looked up to heaven and with a deep sigh said to him, “Ephphatha!” (which means “Be opened!”). 35 At this, the man’s ears were opened, his tongue was loosened and he began to speak plainly. 36 Jesus commanded them not to tell anyone. But the more he did so, the more they kept talking about it. 37 People were overwhelmed with amazement. “He has done everything well,” they said. “He even makes the deaf hear and the mute speak.”

What really stood out to me was the last verse which says "He has done everything well" or "Everything he does is wonderful" from some translations. God always give us something WONDERFUL we just have to choose to see it that way. Even in circumstances that might not feel wonderful, we have to remember that he has already done the MOST WONDERFUL thing, in that he saved us and made us His own. And in the midst of those not-so-great-feeling-times, he might just surprise us, as we leave the crowd and draw near to Him, and do something truly amazing!

Thanks Carrie for leading a great study tonight!

Love,
Laura

No comments: