"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, December 6, 2010

{Our Christmas Crib!}

Here's a quick sneak peek at our home during the Holidays!

I love decorating and don't care if things look tacky because to me it's all just FESTIVE! As you can see, our main bathroom ended up brown...much DARKER than I had planned so come January it's getting a new paint job. I tend to go EXTREME on most things, and painting was no exception, so this time I'm gonna try to be reasonable and use a lighter, more neutral color that will appeal to more people.

The Kitchen is one of my favorite places to "fest up" for the Holidays!

Although I just painted it red a few months ago It's getting a new paint job soon, too. I'm TOO INDECISIVE!


And of course, the living room needs to be full of cheer since that's where most of our time is spent. This is the first time I've shown you our new gray walls and yes~ you guessed it...it's getting a re-do too! I know now that paint colors often appear much darker and look different once on the wall so I'm hoping this time I can pick out something just right.
{Trav's make-shift desk is not part of the normal decor...lol!}
No Christmas is complete without a nativity scene...that's what it's all about!
{FYI: Windex is NOT streak free!}...and yes, I still need to put my switch plate back on!

The piano is a fun place to decorate! I didn't feel like adjusting a nail that was already there so I just stuck the wreath up even though it's a little too high. Who cares, right?


So there you have it! An official tour of our humble Holiday abode!
Love,
Laura

5 comments:

Bubba said...

Laura,
I love all your decorations it all looks great. I love the paint colors it looks great. But I totally understand what you mean how it may look darker than what you had expected.
Love ya and miss you lots!!!!!!!

What I Say Matters! said...

Love the decorations! Nothing helps get you in the spirit of Christmas like the decorating! Reminds me of when we decorated every year at my Grannie's! I love that brown in the bathroom with that light trim!!

P.S. I love extreme! All or nothing!

Laura said...

Lol! Thanks guys....I feel better about my paint choices now! :)

Jennifer said...

Your house looks great!!! We keep adding and adding more decorations every year so we're COVERED in Christmas cheer around here! I love the holidays! Its super fun after having kids--more excuses for over the top decorating!

jinxi~ aka angi said...

Beautiful home! I dont know why you'd want to change the colors.. but understand too in the same token. hahaa