"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Thursday, December 9, 2010

{Sophistareaders:December Meeting!}

The "Sophistareaders" is the name of the AWESOME book club that I am a part of! It was formed during a lunch at Olive Garden a month ago and this was our first discussion lunch/meeting. The Sophistareaders are a SOPHISTICATED :0) group of my friends/co-workers and we pick a book, take about four weeks to read it, then plan a lunch to discuss it.

This month, we read Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Coulter . Mark did an amazing book review on it....you can read that HERE. We ate at El Arriero and exchanged bookmarks for Christmas! These guys were having fun cuttin' a rug with Santa!
This is our group, minus our dear friend Jody who couldn't be there. We love you Jody!
Molly gave Leslie a bookmark and in usual Leslie-Style she got a little teary eyed!
Mark made this INCREDIBLE bookmark for Lisa...he is very talented!
Molly got a pretty Crystal bookmark with a sparkly "m" on it from Rachaelle!
I gave Mark an "M" bookmark, too!
And Leslie special ordered a bookmark for me that hasn't come in yet so she had to give me a stand-in until it arrives!
This month's book is called "Skipping Christmas" by John Grisham. Can't wait 'til our next meeting fellow Sophistareaders!
Love,
Laura

2 comments:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

What a fun group! I tried to join a book club, but I could never make the meetings (middle of the day on Saturday) and the books were not really my type. How neat that you all are coworkers too. Fun with coworkers makes the job that much more enjoyable.

What I Say Matters! said...

This was too fun Friend!! and I love my Book MARK