"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Friday, July 29, 2011

{Finally F.R.I.D.A.Y!!!}

Howdy BLOG WORLD!
This morning started off with a 'nana and a slim fast cookie dough meal bar. I just happened to find these slim fast bars at Big Lots--12 for $4 and thought they'd make a good quick breakfast.

I ended up paying 33 cent for each of mine and I noticed they are over $5 for five at Walmart
so I got a great deal! And they're really yummy, too!
I just HAVE to brag on my new AVON MASCARA! It's the Super Shock Max and it's.......

FAB-U-LOUS! It really adds some ooomph:)
I tried to open my little eyes bigger so you could see them better:) I promise you...this mascara is the BOMB!

I wasn't very hungry at lunchtime so I went by Haven Of Rest to check out the wares...
... I found a few treasures, including another tupperware container (I LOVE collecting old tupperware:), a soon-to-become fish bowl, a Precious Moment Easter yard sign that was, well---PRECIOUS!, two really pretty handpainted juice glasses, and a few other little things for less than $5 bucks.

BUT BOY WAS IT HOT-HOT-HOT!!!
I mean, REALLY HOT! There's no air, just a few fans, and you really have to "sweat it out" to find the good stuff:)

Afterwards, a staple for all thrifters....
...and the best thing I found today----

A cute trinket that reminds me of my family:) So far there's me (the pink bird:) and Travis (the blue bird:)....
...and our little nest that has yet to hatch! Awww:)
I met a really interesting lady once at a DSS training on 'Creating Calm in your Hectic Life' and she said it's important to make your home a sanctuary and fill it with things that make you happy and mean alot to you. Ever since then, I've tried to keep my kitchen sink window sill dotted with bits and pieces from special trips or things that hold special memories. Right now I have a perfect teeny-tiny seashell, my LAUGH rock, my PRAY OFTEN reminder, and now our Family Nest:)

Speaking of homes, I just LOVE this quote from Eleanor Roosevelt (Who knew she had so many great ones!):

"The only advantage of not being too good a housekeeper is that your guests are so pleased to feel how very much better they are. "

I'm proud I have the privilege of making my family and friends feel so good! LoL!

Oh, and a quick word to the wise! Today on Yahoo there was a story about the top 10 filthiest hotels in the US. The Polynesian Resort at Myrtle Beach was ranked #4 so buyer beware!

Happy Friday Friends!
Love,
Laura

No comments: