"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, September 5, 2011

{Labor-free Weekend!}

Coming to you live from BAM:)It's AWFULLY cold in here so I hope this hot chocolate warms me up quick and I'm so THANKFUL I brought my wrap!

Here's what I've been up to this weekend...and there was NO LABOR involved:)

I got up around 4:40 am Sat. morning, got ready and set out at 5am for Elberton. I met up with Mom, Fran, Cam, and Nikki and we set off for some yard sales:)
We went to Athens (which I hadn't been to in FOREVER so I was kinda nice:) and started collecting the treasures---
The YARDSALE Ladies:)
Me and Fruzin Cam whom I've nicknamed CCP---Cute Cam Pless!
My mom said "Wow, I think Superman lives at this house..." BAHAHAHA!
I found this hat at our first stop and it reminded me SO much of Mama Bear from the Berenstein Bear books...but now I realize it was actually Papa Bear:)

----but Cam put it on later and said "I feel like I need to go feed some pigeons and then it hit me-----
I had found the Pigeon Lady's hat:)

By the time we started head home (about 10 hours after our departure:) we were full to the BRIM!
Cam had to ride home on the Sit-n-Spin I found for Makayla...
...and we had poles poking us in the eyes. But we NEVER complained...we were having too much fun!

That night I made the Nachos I've been craving and used as many healthy ingredients as I could find...they turned out YUMMY!
Since our Tigers had already won their game earlier in the day (C-L-E-M-S-O-N!)...we cheered on the Bulldogs:)
The whole family got in on the action....


....but as much as we tried---we couldn't cheer them on to a victory. There goes our Vegas bet for a GA National Championship run....but we knew it was a longshot:(

The beanie I found for Trav was too little for his big head (JUST KIDDIN' HON:) so I tried it on for size:)
...and put together my new puzzle....
...and CONKED out as soon as the football game ended!

Sunday afternoon we met the FAM for a labor day cookout....
Food, Fun, and Family make the BEST combo!
TONS OF GOODIEs....
....and some swimming, boating, and fishing later----
....and the night had flown by:)

This morning I tried to sleep but woke up pretty early. We met Molly and Makayla at Cracker Barrel for brunch and then dropped by Goodwill for the Labor Day sale.
We found some good stuff----all 1/2 off:)
and saw some VERY interesting folks---hehe!
Like this fella who tried on several pairs of ice skates before he found the perfect pair--LOL!
Whew....what a weekend!

LOVE,
LAURA

1 comment:

Jeff, Sarah Ellen, and Beck said...

We tried to cheer on the bulldogs too. I guess we will have to try harder next time. :)