"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Friday, August 6, 2010

{Buttery Biscuit Goodness!}

I made some homemade biscuits for the first time last night!

(APPLAUSE EXPECTED!) HEHE!
I didn't really plan on it but at the last minute I decided we needed some to go with our shepherd's pie (forgot a pic)...but it was yummy, too!

So I grabbed my Bette Crocker baking cookbook my mom gave me a few years back and found a simple recipe that I had all the ingredients for---and got to work.

I made my dough, cut my biscuits....

And popped them in the oven.

I wish I had a pic of them right out of the oven but I totally forgot because we ate them right away, while they were hot and delicious!

Here's the recipe:

Mix 2 cups flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 2 Tablespoons sugar, and 2 teaspoons baking soda in a big bowl.

Cut in 1/2 cup of shortening until crumbly.

Beat an egg and 2/3 cup milk and then pour into dough until just moist.

Roll on flour surface and cut 1/2 thick biscuits.

Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

ENJOY!

And in honor of this FAB FRIDAY...

Why did the blonde write TGIF on her shoes?

**So she would know that T.oes G.o I.n First!**

Love,

Laura

No comments: