"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

~* I SLUMPED over the HUMP!*~

Aka: another way of saying "I struggled making it through this Wednesday!"

What about you?
Did anyone else have to hike and slump up the hump like me???
I just usually find myself tired and in need of some rejuvenation by Wednesday....

But luckily, on the other side of the hump we run into a fabulous day called Friday---which leads to Saturday and Sunday! Yay!

So, if you (like me!) ever feel like you might barely make it through a sometimes stressful "middle of the work week", here are some things that I used today to help me "slump the hump!".....hey...at least I made it!

1. Turn to God's word and look for encouragement. Embrace a particular promise and carry it with you throughout the day. It will help you when the hike through your weeks starts getting harder... and remember that no HUMP is to big for God, whether it be a stressful Wednesday or an actual mountain, He can get you up and over it in no time!

2. Take a walk. Even better, take a walk with a pet, supportive hubby, or good friend! That will help take some stress out of your day. Everyone needs time to relax, exercise, and talk with people they love and people that love them back! Choose these people wisely; try to limit (or better-elliminate--gossip, angry talk, or putting down others. This should be a time to lift others up as well as yourself! Hearing negative talk with only make for more stress.

3. Go to your public library. This one is really good for me because I love the peace and quiet and I love looking for new books! It's also free, which is a perk! It's like a free pass to relaxation, try it if you haven't bee in awhile!

4. Spend time in prayer. Ask God to reveal to you the Who, What's, Where's and When's that are causing stress in your life. Then reflect on what they might be, how you can make a change, and how God can guide you through the process to reveal things that you might need to change in your life in order to "mellow" out a little. Use the ACTS model if you want---(an example below)

A: Adoration- God, I love you and I praise you because you are the source of all peace!
C: Confession- God, please forgive me for putting my time and attention on things that cause me stress and aren't in line with what you want for my life. Please forgive me for not trusting in your promises and help make them more real to me daily. I will spend more time seeking discernment from you in stressful situations.
T: Thanksgiving- Thank you so much that I made it though this tough, stressful day and thank you for all the blessings that came with it. Thank you for the gift of life TODAY. Thank you for allowing me to live and enjoy my family and friends and YOU!
S: Supplication-Lord, please help me to handle stress and anxiety better by counting on you when things get difficult. Lord I pray that you will surround me with people who will be encouraging, loving, and Godly so that I can learn from them. Lord please give me your peace that passes all understanding. I trust you and believe your promises.

Maybe that will be helpful. *I have just learned it myself so if anyone has any advice, please let me know!*

And finally, here's to a successful end to a HAPPY {although slightly slumpy}HUMP DAY!

AND...
Don't forget about the current Giveaway--just click HERE! Please enter and show DoodleBug Designs some LOVE!

Love,
Laura

No comments: