"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Friday, August 13, 2010

{Don't forget the toilet paper!}

A few weekends ago, my little cousin, Morgan, came to spend the night with us. Travis had reminded me that he needed some deoderant and that we needed some toilet paper several times that day--we were completely out---but low and behold, I forgot to pick it up. Story of my life. So when Morgan arrived later and had to use the bathroom....oops! She was out of luck. So we made a lil' trip to the store to get what we so desperately needed.

While in the store we browsed happily through the cosmetics, snacks, and other fun stuff. We made our purchases and drove home. The only problem---WE FORGOT THE TOILET PAPER AND DEODORANT!

As soon as someone else needed to "go potty" I realized I had left the store without the things we REALLY NEEDED. My little cousin Morgan, who is wise beyond her years, said "You know...that's like God. We forget all about what's really important sometimes." Isn't she awesome!

And my, my...Isn't that true? I find myself falling into that habit far too often. Forgetting about what should be at the TOP of my "Shopping List."

We get so wrapped up in the frills and fancies of life that we forget what we REALLY NEED. We forget about the important things; like the toilet paper and deoderant--something to clean us up a little. Make us a little fresher. Wipe the slate clean so to speak. HEHE!

So my challenge for myself this upcoming week is this:

DON'T FORGET WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT, LIVING A LIFE OF SERVICE AND LOVE TO GOD AND OTHERS!

And P.S. Don't forget to wipe!

Love,
Laura

No comments: