"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Update!

Well...another fun weekend and more great memories!

Friday night Trav and I went to Chic-fil-A for some quick dinner and then to see the new Alice in Wonderland in 3-D and it was AWESOME! I LOVED the Chersire Cat...too cute and the Mad Hatter was certainly "MAD!!!"..I highly recommend it! It actually has a great plot and storyline but I won't go into that because I might spoil the surprises for you...and I wouldn't wanna do that!

Saturday morning I met my friends Bubba and Kathy for a girls day. And just let me tell you that Sunshine+Cracker Barrel+Thrift Store Shopping= A TOTALLY WONDERFUL DAY!




While we were at the Goodwill Clearance Center we found some great deals...In fact I left with 18 items for $11.99 which meant each item cost me about $0.67!!! Yea! I also got a new Caboodle to organize some of my stuff (not sure if I'll use it for jewelry, makeup, or my new sewing stuff yet...) and a new pair of kakhi shorts to wear to some of Patrick's golf tournaments this spring! And speaking of Spring...it just can't get here soon enough! I am lovin' me some sunshine!
We found us each some "PJ'S" at Goodwill, put them on over our clothes, and then went to Bruster's for "PJ DAY" and got a free waffle cone!

When we got back to Anderson Travis and I met my Mom, Dad, Aunt Fran, and Uncle Carl to celebrate my Mom and Fran's birthday! We had lots of fun eating at the Golden Corral and then shopping at Target. Boy I tell ya though...there's really a different breed of folks in Golden Corral on a Saturday night...lol! But we had a WONDERFUL time!


Finally, on Sunday we went to Sunday School and Church and then Trav played a round of golf with his Dad and I joined Vanessa for the Follies. Trav's Grandmother, Bette, has been doing the Follies for years and I always look forward to seeing her perform! She looked so BEAUTIFUL and did such an awesome job!



After that Trav and I went to grab a bite to eat at Firehouse Subs and then got to spend some time visiting our friends Brooke and Patrick and their little girl Bailee and newborn son Nathan. We had a great time and their 3 yr. old Bailee even recited the ENTIRE Old Testament for us!!! WOW! I can't even do that! I was SUPER impressed! She also gave us a "Princess Fashion Show!" Too cute!

Well...it's time to start another week! I'm so thankful for all my family and friends who make my life so special!!!

Yea for A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!!

3 comments:

Dee said...

Sounds like you had a jam packed weekend!
We also went and saw Alice and then me and my cousin went thrift store shopping too! Got some GREAT deals! (Great minds think alike =o) )

Brooke said...

We loved seeing you guys! Thanks for coming to visit us!

Kathryn said...

Wow, you had a busy weekend! Glad to hear things are going well. Also, congrats to Travis on his promotion. Love you guys!