"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Friday, June 18, 2010

{We made it!}

If anyone feels like me, it's been a LONG work week! But congrats, you've made it to FRIDAY! YAY! Greetings from a HAPPY gal who is ready to enjoy the WEEKEND!

(I drew you a little picture of what my face looks like right now!)

Just a few quick things:

I went to our neighborhood's first Community Watch meeting and I'm really glad I did. I learned alot. Law Enforcement was there to let us know what to be looking out for in our neighborhood and they udpated us on the most recent criminal activity on our streets. Luckily it hasn't been too much but a little is too much for me! I learned that if you live in the city limits, you can call the Police Department when you are on vacation and they will put your house in "Keep Check". That means that an officer must go by your house atleast twice a day and check all windows and doors to ensure that nothing has happened and there hasn't been a break in. I will certainly be using this service for our next vacation. It's nice to know someone is looking out for you...especially a police officer!

Also, I am gonna go by the fire department today and see if I can get new smoke detectors and possibly even a fire extinguisher for my home. It's expensive to just go out and buy all that stuff but I've heard you can get it from your local fire department...so that's just what I'm gonna try to do. I'll let you know if they give me some...you might wanna go get some too! Never hurts to be safe!

So...I'm excited about FATHER'S DAY! I've been blessed with a WONDERFUL DAD! I consider it one of my greatest blessings, actually. He is a wonderful, hard-working, Godly man and he has made a big difference in my life. I love you "Deddy!" Thank you for all the sacrifices you've made for me! We are celebrating with a big Father's Day Fish Fry this weekend....good ole' country folks we are!

P.S. My sister, Nikki, is getting married soon! On October 9th to be exact...I'm so excited for her! She's made lots of plans already....I can't wait to throw her a big shower!

Well, here's wishing you a VERY HAPPY FRIDAY!


Laura

3 comments:

Bubba said...

Awesome! So happy Nikki has set a date. Want you to know that I have those invitations if you'd like them. FREE no charge! They are really cute.
Love ya and hope to see you soon.

Dee said...

yay! Let me know if you get some fire stuff...I may try it! I'm so excited for Nikki, She is a beautiful girl and I know she will make a breath taking bride!

What I Say Matters! said...

Thanks for the tip about law enforcemnt chacking on the house! I will be using that as well!
I am so excited about this weekend too! My choir is doing a recording tonight at 7 at Evergreen baptist church off highway 81! If your not busy you should come out!