"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Friday, May 21, 2010

{2010 Foster Parent Appreciation Banquet!!!}

Foster Parents are a very SPECIAL group of people! They unselfishly and generously give of their time, money, and HEARTS to provide a loving, safe home for children in need. At Anderson DSS, where I work, we try to honor these special people once a year in a very special way! This year we had a "FIESTA" themed banquet and I think everyone had a really nice time!

We got there early to start decorating the room. The Anderson Area YMCA was kind enough to allow us to use their community room and playground for the children. Thanks YMCA!
We filled Sombreros up with traditional Mexican candy, which was also donated! Yummy! We dined on enchiladas, rice, beans, chips, and salsa and had several different delicious desserts!
Kool Smiles was so GREAT! They donated two of these HUGE cakes, goody bags for children with toothbrushes and other little treats, and movie tickets to raffel off to the foster parents! Thanks KOOL SMILES!
Look at this AWESOME CAKE! My friend, Rasalynn, donated this cake to raffle off for the foster parents. Even the Sombrero is edible! It was made by Kim Brown, a lady here in Anderson who obviously makes AWESOME cakes!!!
{Renee, Me, Rasalynn, and Sabrina...I luv my co-workers!}
{These dancers came and donated their time and talent for FREE! They were SO entertaining! THANKS!!!}


Everyone recieved a gift, too! {Forgot to take a pic...shucks!} We raffled off LOTS of great prizes including spa packages, manicure certificates, Logan's Roadhouse baskets, a beautiful wreath, lots of movie tickets, and lots of baked goods! Each foster family won a prize!

Foster Parents, thanks again for all you do to make a difference in the life of a child! If you are interested in more information on how to become a foster parent, let me know!!!

So...because yesterday was both EXCITING and EXHAUSTING, I woke up a lil' tired this morning. I decided to have a "cup of cheer" to get my morning started off right!


{A good cup of coffee with some sugar-free french vanilla creamer!}
Then I filled up my new water bottle...


And ate my big bowl of blueberry oatmeal, topped with big chunks of fresh apple!

The apples are so yummy as they get soft and warm from sitting in the oatmeal...
...And yes, I confess to using a styrofoam bowl...what can I say, it's all I had..
and I was HUNGRY!!!
TGIF...HAVE A GOOD ONE!
Love,
Laura

No comments: