"....I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." ~James 10:10~

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

{Beauty Arsenal Update...}

Gotta be armed and ready at all times, right?

Ha! Ha! Just kidding! That makes me sound so shallow and superficial, huh? And I'm not...But what can I say...I LOVE BEAUTY PRODUCTS! It's just part of the priviledge of being a girl!

So anyway...interestingly enough...I actually went to work yesterday completely make-up free!

Surprised huh? Yep...I just wasn't feeling too great and just didn't feel like it. And it was actually kind of "freeing" in a way. Anyone know what I mean? And people can say whatever they want about this girl...

But I think it's so awesome that she did a magazine cover with absolutely no makeup or retouching! Cool Jessica! Helping the world see that all those magazine pics are FAKE, FAKE, FAKE!

So...I bebop (one of my favorite words courtesy of Vanessa!) around town sometimes sans makeup but I usually do at least a little blush and mascara for work but not yesterday. But this morning I was back to picking out the perfect lip gloss for the day and happily applying two thick coats of black mascara!

That being said ladies...if you know me...you know I think it's perfectly fine to put a little paint on the barn, so to speak! Ha! Ha!

And so now...here are a few of my newest favorite products...

1. Just broke out my Bath and Body Works Sea Island Cotton moisturizing handsoap that I had from Christmas and it is AWESOME! It's the PERFECT scent for summer! And it does actually moisturize...

2. Softsoap NutriSerums Body Nourishing Wash with Omega 3+6- I'm almost halfway thru the bottle and it has a very pleasant smell and I like it just fine but it's really nothing too special to me. I seem to prefer creamy body washes and this one is liquid -like but overall it's just "OK." I didn't notice any real moisturizing effects.

3. Sexiest Fantasies body lotion...the name says it all! LOL! I used to LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Victoria's Secret Strawberries and Champagne scent and I can't find it anymore. But I ran across this on clearance at Walgreens and it is the EXACT SAME STUFF! Very nostalgic and made me happy!

4. Revlon "A Floral Affair" blush in "Hushed Blush"- the name could not be more perfect! It's a blend of peachy gold and shimmer, understated but makes an impact, and PERFECT for using with a little bronzer. And it was a deal for $1.99 at Big Lots! You can find some AWESOME makeup deals there!

5. Fekkai Glossing Cream- got this as a sample in the mail and I'm using it ever so sparingly because it's awesome but expensive. It's perfect to smooth on before blow drying or, as I've been using it lately, to help wavy hair dry with the perfect amount of body, shine, and spiral. I can see why it cost a little more than I'm usually willing to spend. I hope this sample lasts a LONG time or atleast through the summer!

6. Pantene Pro-V Texture Shaping Cream- It's a miracle! You can totally shape, reshape, and then reshape AGAIN without oily build up! Woo Hoo! And it didn't weigh my hair down or make it feel heavy and waxy. I was suprised I liked it so much because I'm not usually a fan of Pantene products but this one ROCKS!

7. Last but not least the most important thing in my Caboodle right now...
Hawaiian Tropic Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Sheer Touch SPF 50 Sunscreen.

It's Oil-free, moisturizing, waterproof, and lots of other good things! Like how it protects my largest organ...my skin! I hope everyone gets wise and decides to protect their skin this summer! It's extremely important but you don't have to take MY WORD for it... This sunscreen smells like a tropical island and it's a treat to slather it on every morning! In highschool and for much of college I did so much damage to my skin...YIKES! But for the last six years I've been trying to treat it good and protect it as much as possible!

Anyway, I could go on and on but I better not! You know how they say to find a job that you love and you'll never have to work??? Well then, I need a job talking about beauty products all day long!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Is there a new beauty product you're really lovin' right now???And thanks so much to everyone who has entered my giveaway! I love yall!

Love,
Laura

No comments: